Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Good Thought for the New Year

I ran across this thought while I was "blogstalking" today and I liked it so much I decided to share it on my blog. Here it is...


Take time to play with your kids more. Silly play. Run around with them. They love it.Sit and cuddle your kids as much as you can.Make sure everyone knows how much you love them. Sometimes you never have the chance to tell them again.Don't sweat the small stuff. Some things just don't matter. They mean something, but they really don't matter.Hold yourself accountable.Remember that everyone has a bad day once and a while. Just like you.Don't get offended. Assume that whomever said it, just didn't get it out right.Give others a break. We are all fighting our own battles.Remember that people aren't always going to remember what you said, But they will always remember how you made them feel. Make them feel special.There are too many people out there who need someone really bad. Be that someone.Sometimes all someone needs is a shoulder to cry on. Give it to them and really listen.Don't keep your distance. We are all supposed to be taking care of eachother. Life isn't about us, it's about everyone else.Sometimes the simplest things to you, mean the world to someone else. Give it to them.Live by example.Have Faith.Remember . . . Life is Good.


And here is a funny picture of my baby just to make you smile... hope everyone has a great 2009!

7 comments:

Grandma A said...

Hi Jill, I love that thought you
put on your blog today. Love, Mom

Grandma A said...

I also love that picture of Christian. Can you believe he is
almost 1 year old? Where did that
year go?

debbie said...

Thanks Jill. That brought tears to my eyes. It made me think of the very first time I met you, and you were my shoulder to cry on. My sister Marci had just dropped me off for college our Freshman year. I didn't want her to leave and I was already homesick. You came into my room and sat on my bed next to me and put your arm around me while I cried. Remember that? We laughed about it later, seeing as how we didn't know each other. But...here it is, more than 18 years later, and I still remember you "not keeping your distance" and being my shoulder to cry on. Thanks. :)

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

So sweet! ...I'm not sure why, but it reminded me of a message my friend put on her blog in November. Things like, "I am thankful for the heaps of laundry, it means my family has clothes to wear. I am thankful for all the warn out books around my house, it means my kids have a love of reading."
It is nice to take a step back and look at life with a new perspective.

Sheri Willardson said...

Ok, I am about to cry. What a great thought. It was SOOO sweet and so true. Thank you for the inspiration-I want to be a better mother now!

angie said...

Hey Jill,
I just saw the funniest thing Joel and fitness together in the same sentence ha ha ha...tell me how to get on his blog so that I can leave inappropriate comments on there like he does to everyone else...pretty please!

Stella said...

Wow! I needed that! I have had some trying days with my "9"teen year old, and I definitely need to spend more time letting her know she is special, and less time sweating the small stuff. I am so happy you shared this! Thank you Jill!

Love the pic!