
I love diet coke.... man do I love diet coke. I love diet coke so much that a few years ago I bought a wine fridge and put it in the pantry so I could stock it full of my diet coke just to keep it chilled at 37.5 degrees. Anyone that loves diet coke knows that this is the optimal temperature to store it, this is in part because this temperature allows more carbonation to be released, thus creating a bigger head. There is nothing better than coming home and popping a nice cold aluminum can of coke, letting it fizz and then gulping it down. Just writing about it makes me want to go get one.
Anyways as part of our new years resolutions Jill and I are doing "theme months" where we pick something we need to do better at and try to improve on it. At first I thought "how can I improve on drinking diet coke?" Then my beautiful, but slightly crazy wife informed me that this meant that I was limited to two cans a day. I must be the crazy one to agree to such a thing. I thought last months "sugar free" month sucked, but this is taking it to a whole new level. Anyways I will let you know how it goes. Whether I last the month or cave in, either way it isn't going to be pretty.
Monday, February 21, 2011
My Nemesis
Posted by Jill at 7:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Slightly crazy wife? hmph... I don't think so. Good luck with that babe!
yep... certified nuts. i will be lucky to last a month, i've barely lasted 5 days.
I LOVE Diet Coke as well. Just reading your post made me crave one. Good thing I have one sitting right next to me. :) I love it the can or the bottle is a bit icy. YUM.
amy
Hey Joel, How about a BIG reward to yourself like you give the kids, if you give up soda pop for one year? Cherrill
Matt and I gave up carbonation for 2011. For me that means caffeine, too. The first week was tough - but almost 2 months later it feels great.
Good job Blaine and Matt! Dylan and Kinlee have been carbonation free for over a year now. They each took a 1 week break, and then started over again for a year. I gave them $100 each for making it a year.
So is everyone going to stop drinking Diet Coke all at once now? Maybe you're all forgetting that my husband works for Coca Cola and we have a daughter to put through college. Now start drinking that Coke!!!
ha ha don't worry he never said he was going to stop... he still has 2 per day and I'm sure we've spent enough on Diet coke to put Sarah through college!! :)
not exactly farm food Joel. No more tractor pulls for you. Zoikes.
Post a Comment