So yesterday Jill and I ran the little pioneer day classic 10k. We did it last year and I shaved two minutes off of my time and Jill shaved a minute. I would have done it faster but I stopped at mile 5 for some twinkies. I did learn two new running terms "stomped" and "chicked". This is when a guy or girl passes you. The reason I say this is that some people are just made to run (me not included). Around mile five I am going along fine averaging a 7:30 minute mile and feeling pretty good when this young girl that I saw at the hobbler half comes up next to me and says "well hello again" as she passes me, just like she did at the hobbler half, thus I got "chicked" by her twice in one month. All that went thru my mind was "wench" as she passed me. Some people are truly meant to run. Jill and I just like going and running. We are training for the Red Rock Relay which is a 186 mile 24 hour 12 person relay race that goes on down south next month. So we will see how that goes.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
PIONEER DAY CLASSIC
Posted by Jill at 12:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment