Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy birthday MOM!

Yesterday my mom had a birthday, I won't say how old because she always says she is still 39 and holding. So we will leave it at that. :) Here is a picture of my mom and me when I was just a baby...

My mom is a wonderful person and has always set a good example for me and my siblings. She is always positive and listens to me when I have a problem or just want to complain. I'm so lucky she is still around for me and hope she will be for many more years to come! She and my dad have an awesome marriage and have always been best friends. I appreciate their example and the love they show toward each other and to me. Some things you may not know about my mom:
-She is a wonderful cook (too bad I didn't get this gene).
-She is a great seamstress and is currently crocheting shawls for the new Oquirrh Hills temple.
-She loves to have all her family around her and makes the best barbecued turkey when we all get together.
-She is very loyal to her family and good friends and would do anything for them.
-She loves to do genealogy and indexing of names to prepare them for temple work.
-She likes to go to DUP (Daughters of the Utah Pioneers) once a month and meet up with some old friends.
-She works in the temple every Tuesday and really enjoys it.
I love you mom and I'm glad you and dad are my parents!

5 comments:

Grandma A said...

Thank you Jill for the nice birthday blog it made me shed a few
tears. I love you very much. Mom

debbie said...

What a nice tribute, Jill! I bet it made her day. I love that picture.

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Happy Birthday Jill's Mom! Cute picture! What a precious mother you have!

Sheri Willardson said...

You look like your mom! :) Such a sweet picture.

Shanna said...

What a neat mom you have! You look alot like her.