Well, I know it's been forever since I've blogged, this summer has just been crazy and I haven't had any time to sit down and do this. I've been working for Joel in the mornings during the week now and by the time I get home I feel like I have a million things to get done and blogging pretty much is last priority right now. We went to Montana a few weeks ago and had a great time. There are some awesome fireworks down at the lake on the 4th, so we took all the kids this year, including Christian. I was worried he would cry from the loud noisy fireworks, but he just sat on daddy's lap staring at them in amazement. Kaitlyn was even doing the sparklers. She was a little nervous about them at first, but she got to where she wanted to keep doing more. Anyway, here are some pics of our trip to Montana over the 4th over July. The first few are of the 4th of July parade where they throw lots of awesome candy, including full size candy bars and popsicles! This is the only parade Joel will ever go to. :)
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Montana trip 2009
We had a great time this year, the weather was awesome; never a drop of rain which is rare. Usually we have a day or two of rain, but not this year. Joel took Dylan and Kinlee on a long hike up to Strawberry Lake with the other cousins and aunts and uncles. I guess it was 4-1/2 miles up and then back. They did really well, but I think they were tired afterwards and said they don't EVER want to do that hike again. Dylan enjoyed wake-surfing and wakeboarding. He even went over the wake a few times. Kinlee is a big tube rider... she goes with the bigger kids and doesn't mind being flipped out of the tube... the wilder the better for her. Kaitlyn just loves to put on her life jacket and swim out in the lake. She liked riding in the boat too. Christian mostly hung out on the beach playing in the sand with toys and getting really dirty. He also liked to run away when mom wasn't looking. :) I really enjoyed my morning runs with Melissa, Angie, and Leigh Anne. It's a lot nicer running in Montana than on the treadmill at the gym! We're hoping we get to go back again in August... not sure yet because of Joel's work, but it might be me and the kids without him. It's hard on the mom, but the kids sure love to go!
Posted by Jill at 12:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It looks like the kids had a great time. Where are the pictures of you and Joel? :)
Summer is crazy isn't it! You look great by the way!!
Looks like fun! Camp is over and I can finally re-join the bloggin' world. Can't wait to get caught up!
Post a Comment