So a couple of weeks ago I ran my first 1/2 marathon in Saint George. It was called the Snow Canyon 1/2. I have been training for awhile and can honestly say that I have started to enjoy running. I have always been competitive and just felt the need to do it. Part of the reason is I have seen my sister Leigh Anne embrace the running thing and have decided that it isn't that bad. So last Saturday was the big race, there were over 2000 participants which is kind of intimidating. Leigh and James were there as were several other people from our neighborhood.
I started out and much to my suprise finished and hour and thirty nine minutes later. It really wasn't that bad, definately something I would like to do again. Part of the reason I finished so fast was there was no way I was going to let Leigh pass me. (sibling rivalry at it's best) Her and James finished only minutes behind me and was pushing me the whole way. Towards the end I slowed up a little and kept imaging her passing me. So anyways I survived and will likely do another one in February. Her are a couple pics of Leigh, James and I, we all did great.
0 comments:
Post a Comment