Sunday, December 21, 2008

Can't believe it's been 14 years!

Well, Joel and I got married 14 years ago today... who knew it would last this long? Just kidding... we looked so young and dumb back then. We had no idea what we were in for, who ever does? Look at my wedding cake, the flowers were supposed to be burgundy to match the ribbon on the cake, not purple! You would think I would have done something with my hair that day too. If I had it to do over again I would totally do everything different (not the groom of course! well... maybe. Just kidding!) It was a freezing cold day, but it was a great day. I can't believe we have had 4 kids and have built 10 houses since these pictures were taken. It doesn't seem like that long ago.

You can tell it was cold, everyone's noses are red and we just wanted to get the pictures out of the way so we could all go back inside and get warm again. Unfortunately, Joel's mom passed away about 4 weeks before we got married. She was very sick with cancer and probably wouldn't have been able to make the trip from Canada to our wedding if she had lived long enough. We figured she was definitely there with us in the temple when we were sealed. There was an empty seat next to Joel's dad saved just for her.

Happy Anniversary babe! Let's see if we can make it another 14 years! :)

5 comments:

Life for the Pillings said...

Jill I dont blame you if you wanted a different groom. He must have slipped a pill in your drink. HA Ha

McLerran Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the pictures!

debbie said...

Happy Anniversary Jill! You look so young. It's funny that you said there are some things you'd do differently. I was thinking the same thing when we were at our niece's wedding last month. Like my hair! Good grief - I had half of it curled and then I was whisked away to another room to wait for John, while he was put in another room waiting for me. I never even got to finish my hair. :) I guess it makes for funny pictures/memories, but that's not exactly what you're going for on your wedding day. :) BTW, we loved the "we'll miss him" George Bush moments. So true. I'm sure the late night comedians will especially miss him!

Sheri Willardson said...

Hey Jill! I haven't checked your blog for awhile (its been a crazy holiday season out here in Reno). I didn't realize your anniversary was so close to Christmas-happy 14 year anniversary! I think you look great in the wedding pictures-so cute, and so in love. Isn't it crazy how fast time goes by? Have a very Merry Christmas!

Shanna said...

I dont know how you stay married to that man.. Sometimes I think that you must of been so young and stupid that you didn't know what you where getting into. Ha Ha!! I am glad though that you are my sister in law. Thanks for being so kind...