Monday, May 31, 2010

OUR FIRST RACE


Since we have been working out and "trying" to eat better we decided it was time to do a race. So on Saturday we ran a little 10k. It really wasn't that bad, we both ran at our pace and enjoyed the experience. So much so that we are going to do another one here in a month. Joel finished in 51 minutes and Jill at an hour. Not fast, not slow, but for our first race we felt that it was just right. I think mentally at first it was a little more challenging than the actual race. Anyways hopefully we can do it again.

3 comments:

Grandma A said...

GOOD FOR YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Nice picture of me I look like I'm almost dead. :)

Life for the Pillings said...

Way too go guys!!! I would agree that the worst part about running is the mental game of trying to convince yourself that you can keep going. Good Job!