Tuesday, June 10, 2008

We have a backyard now

Okay, so we have a small backyard, but at least now it has grass! I am just excited to have our whole yard done now. The last 3 houses we lived in we only got our front yard done because we never lived there long enough to start working on the backyard. Joel's family came over and helped us lay the sod last night. The little kids worked just as hard as the adults! Thanks for everyone's help!




Here is the front of the house, Dylan has the job of mowing the lawn now and is doing a pretty good job (a few longer stripes here and there). There really isn't a ton of lawn to mow so it only takes him about 15 minutes. He is complaining that he will have to do "all that grass" in the backyard now too. Poor kid. :)

3 comments:

Blaine said...

Isn't it great when you get a kid old enough to mow the lawn? Matt couldn't get enough of it the first year but now it's not as much fun. Your yard looks great - I see you got a couple of trees planted back by your deck. Very nice.

Nelle B said...

This looks great Jill, I think we should plan a big picnic/pool party for 2010!

McLerran Family said...

So jealous that you even have a backyard! It looks great! I get home the middle of July and I would love to come and see it. (hint, hint) :)