Thursday, November 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!

Well, today Kaitlyn finally turns 3 years old! I say finally because it seems like the "terrible twos" have lasted quite a while with her. :) She is such a funny girl and brings a lot of craziness yet a lot of love to our family. Kaitlyn was a small baby weighing 6 pounds, 6 ounces at birth. She still LOVES Dora, but is finally branching out to other things too. She can spot Dora in any store from a mile away. Have you ever gone to the store and noticed how many Dora products there actually are? Well, take her with you; it's like her eyes automatically zoom in on the Dora things and she wants to get them ALL!





Here are a few things you might not know about Kaitlyn:

Her favorite color is pink (big surprise).

Her favorite food to eat is oatmeal with bananas (she calls it "meatmoal")

Her favorite drink is lemonade (she calls it "my-yade")

She LOVES to jump on the trampoline with Dylan and Kinlee

She can sleep through pretty much anything, which is good since she shares a room with her baby brother.

She is ALMOST potty-trained, we're still working on it. :)
She can say the prayer all by herself and it is very sweet.

Below are a few pictures from the past...




I just remember her lips looked really big and red when she first greeted us...



She adores her big sis Kinlee...






Dylan has always been very sweet to Kaitlyn...






This is when she had just turned one year-old...



Happy birthday little Kaitlyn! We love you very much!

9 comments:

Grandma A said...

I love it when you blog for the kids birthdays. I learned some things about Kaitlyn I did not know. Happy Birthday Kaitlyn,
Love from Grandma and Grandpa A.

debbie said...

I love all the pictures. My favorite is the one in the swing. She looks so cute. Boy, she did have red lips, didn't she? I was wondering how far apart she and Cade are. His birthday is next month, but from what I read of Kaitlyn she seems a lot older. Speaking of Dora, maybe it was Kaitlyn that tossed the Dora fruit snacks into our shopping cart. You should have seen John's face when he came home and saw Dora fruit snacks in the pantry. He thought it was a little too girly for a family of boys. :)

Blaine said...

Happy B-day, Kaitlyn!!

Stella said...

How fun! They grow up fast, but those terrible two's are so painful! Jens is just turning 2 in a couple weeks, and I feel like we have been terrible for a while already. Kaitlyn is too cute.

Nelle B said...

Hope you had a happy day little Kaity! You are such a cutie - Too cute to be a terrible two :)

angie said...

Happy Birthday to Kaitlyn! Sorry we were so self absorbed about our own birthdays that we forgot yours! We love you lots...

Life for the Pillings said...

I know I'm late - but Happy Birthday Kait! You are adorable! Thanks for being such a great friend to Madilyn - she loves playing with you!

Sheri Willardson said...

She is so beautiful-all your kids are!

And I just read your diet post. I am so impressed and a little jealous of your willpower. I should totally try and lose another 10 lbs, but I just don't want to do the work! :) Good for you-I will keep checking on your progress.

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

Jill, I just followed the link from Valeri's blog. Oh how cute! What an adorable family you have!
Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! (Can't believe she is 3...they sure do grow up fast!)