I can't figure out why but Kinlee has this really unfounded, crazy fear of the weather. Every time it rains or it's a little windy she freaks out and thinks a "twister" is coming. I think she watched "Storm Chasers" one day with Dylan quite a while back, but she still gets really upset about any clouds, wind, or rain. She worries about Joel and thinks he is out working in the weather and wants me to call him to make sure he's okay. On Saturday, we went up to my mom's house for a baby shower and she could see the leaves on a tree in my mom's backyard fluttering in the breeze and started to get upset. She wanted me to take her home right then because she thought a twister was coming. This morning I kept her home from school because she had a fever and sore throat yesterday, so she keeps looking outside at the dark sky and she can't see the mountains because it's misty and she is getting upset about it. There is pretty much no wind at all, but she sees the tree moving around a tiny bit and thinks some terrible storm is coming. I had to close all the blinds so she can't look outside! This is getting ridiculous! I can't let her watch the weather in the morning because if the 5 day forecast has clouds, rain, or snow in it, she looks at me like "oh my gosh, what are we going to do?!!" Anyway, I hope she grows out of this soon. I don't know how to get her to stop worrying, I try to tell her that she's too little to worry about stuff like that and to let grown-ups worry about things like that, but she just can't seem to help herself. Any suggestions? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Do you remember how Blakley couldn't handle the tubes and skis just washing on the beach at the lake and she would get all anxious about it...well I think she just had control issues, maybe Kinlee just can't control the weather and that really bothers her, who knows but Blakley drove me insane with that one but has mostly grown out of it.
That's hard when their fear is so real and you just don't get it. At least Josh's "stuff" isn't every day like poor Kinlee and the weather. It kind of reminded me of this lady John knows. For some reason she is very afraid of birds. If she was driving alone and saw a flock of birds she just couldn't handle it and had to call her husband so he could talk her through it. I think she had the same issues with balloons. Is it a new fear? I hope she outgrows it soon.
I used to get scared of storms when I was little, especially tornados but I lived in Kansas so I guess I had reason. I also hated the rain when I was little and now I love it. I remember when I was little I had to pick out why specific reasons why I liked the rain and what was good about it. Then I wasn't afraid of it.
Poor Kinlee. I remember getting freak out when I was little after watching weather shows like "Twister" I agree with Angie that it's probalby a little bit of not being able to control the weather. I can understand that feeling.
Hey Jill- I don't really know what to tell you about Kinlee's fear of weather. Maybe when you do go out, you can mention the fact that you're okay when you get to where you're going despite the wind/rain. Or maybe mention that Joel was okay when he gets home. Over time, hopefully she'll realize that rain/wind are just a normal part of life and people are usually safe instead of in danger by the weather.
Its okay!! I have a real problem with mice. I used to dream when I was little that they where eating my skin when I slept.. I am not quite that afraid know, but that doesn't change anything of not worring about it. Put on a smiley face and tell her she will be okay!! What a good mother...
Post a Comment