Friday, February 20, 2009

Eyeball cake

Last night was the Blue and Gold Banquet and Dylan and Joel were supposed to decorate a cake for a contest. Dylan decided he wanted to make an eyeball cake so I baked the cake and left it to Dylan and Joel to decorate... I think it turned out alright. :) They didn't win the grand prize but he did win the "biggest eye opener" award. He was happy with that.



8 comments:

Stella said...

That is awesome! They did an awesome job, considering you left them to it. What a creative idea!

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

How cute! It looks like they had a lot of fun!

debbie said...

That turned out great! John was just telling us the other day how they used to decorate cakes for every Blue and Gold banquet when he was a kid. Ours is next week, but I haven't heard anything about cake decorating yet. Ryan would LOVE that. Did you bake it in a Pyrex bowl? BTW, I got an email from Karen last week. Baby #8 is on the way, due in August!!!

Jill said...

Yeah, I had to borrow my neighbor's round pyrex bowl, and it took two cake mixes... but it turned out pretty good I think. Holy cow baby number 8!! She is a crazy woman!

Grandma A said...

I think it looks Great. Thanks for
blogging it Jill. Love, Mom

Life for the Pillings said...

Very creative! I like it! Good job Dylan!

Sheri Willardson said...

That is AWESOME!!! Totally a BOY cake!

Nelle B said...

Good job Dylan!
Jill, this makes me think of that infamous quote from Bro. Schreiner, "Keep your flag on the eye!" :)