So last Thursday was the annual Pinewood Derby. Joel made both Dylan and Kinlee a car to race because after the "official" race, anyone else who made a car could race just for fun. Dylan's car did okay during the race, taking 12th out of 23 cars. But then, when it was time for the "unofficial" racing, Kinlee's car smoked everyone's! Hers even beat the kid's car who won the whole race! It even weighed right on at 5 ounces so it would have qualified if she could have really raced it. You should have seen her face each time her car won, she was thrilled. A little 6 year old girl beat all the scouts with her car! Joel thinks he knows what he did to make her car go so well so he can do it to Dylan's car next year. Who knows, I think it's too hard to know what makes one of those cars win. I'm just glad I have my kitchen back! Yes, they sanded, painted, soldered metal to put in the cars all in my kitchen. What a mess. Anyway, it was a fun time... here are the pics of the kids and their cars. :)
Monday, March 16, 2009
Pinewood Derby
Posted by Jill at 12:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll bet that was fun for all of you. I remember the good old days
of cub scouts and pinewood derbys.
That's so cool! I bet she was happy about that.
Post a Comment