Wednesday, December 16, 2009

First Recitals

Kinlee started playing piano this summer and had her first recital last Saturday. Her teacher teaches a couple other kids in piano, and a few in violin. Kinlee was the first to perform and she played "Oh Come All Ye Faithful". Her teacher played an accompaniment with her. She wasn't nervous at all and did a great job. Here she is before the performance...

Waiting patiently for the recital to begin...


Here she is playing her song...
Then, last night Dylan also had a performance at school. He was put into band (not his choice, but the school put him in band) at the beginning of the school year and has been playing the trumpet. They also played several Christmas songs... he did a great job as well. I was a bad mom and forgot to take the camera to the performance, but here he is afterwards with his trumpet...


He wasn't too thrilled about being thrown into band and thought his braces could get him out of it... but he is fine with it now and I think he even enjoys it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could have been to Kinlee's recital--I bet she did really well. Sarah and I played a duet at her first recital, I was shaking more than she was.

I hope Dylan keeps playing the trumpet, he'll be glad he did as he grows older.

Grandma A said...

Kinlee did a great job of playing
her song. I would love to hear Dylan play also.

Nelle B said...

Ty loved playing the trumpet in elementary school, too! I would love to hear Kinlee and Dylan play a song. I'll look forward to that in July :)