Thursday, December 10, 2009

Things that make me laugh

Well, there have been a few funny things going on at our house that have made me laugh over the last week or so. I figure I won't forget them if I write them down on the blog. The other day when the big snow storm hit, Christian kept pointing out the window and saying "NOSE" because he couldn't say "snow". It just made me laugh every time he said it. Then one night at dinner time Kaitlyn was eating her dinner and said to me "Mommy this dinner is so delicious it's making my brain hurt!" Not sure where that came from, but I took it as a compliment. Also, Kinlee likes to pretend she is a fashion model and gets out ties, hats, shoes, sunglasses, etc. from my closest and dresses up in them and has me take pictures of her posing. Here are a couple... there are about 30 more pictures but I thought I would spare you having to look at them all...



Here is a pic of the kids out in the snow the first day it came... they liked it for a day or so. :)




We recently went to the mall and Santa happened to be there, and there was almost NO LINE to sit on his lap. Katy really wanted to talk to him and tell him all the things she wanted for Christmas (which could take quite a while) but she kind of froze up when he asked her and just said in a very tiny voice "princess stuff". Here is Katy and Kinlee on Santa's lap...

First, we tried to get Christian on Santa' s lap for a picture, but I couldn't snap it quick enough, he screamed and couldn't get off Santa's knee fast enough! I took these pics with my phone... here is Christian trying to get away from Santa...Anyway, it's the little funny things the kids do that make each day worthwhile and give me a laugh. A couple more things that made me laugh... Kinlee after getting fillings at the dentist drooling all over herself and trying to talk with a mouth full of saliva, Christian waking up each day with wrinkly fingers because he sticks his hands down in his diaper when he sleeps (ok that is kind of gross, but still funny), Dylan wearing the same 2 pairs of pants all the time because he says they are the only warm ones he has (jeans are too cold in his opinion), Kaitlyn singing "You belong with me" at the top of her lungs in the car with Taylor Swift. And the list could go on... hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and remember the little things that make us smile. :)

6 comments:

Nelle B said...

These made me laugh too Jill! Thanks for making my day.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

By the way, the kids are growing up so fast - and they are all so CUTE!

Unknown said...

Dad and I love the pictures and the funny things that the kids do and say. Hope we can come down tomorrow for Kinlee's piano recital. I hope the snow isn't going to be very bad.

Unknown said...

This is grandma writing. My computer is on the fritz and so I am commenting on Dads.

debbie said...

Thanks for the reminder. I got a good laugh too!

my favorite color is green said...

thanks for sharing the humors of life! You are silly kids and it's great that you can laugh at them/with them. Miss you! -tye

Life for the Pillings said...

Too cute and funny! You have some pretty sweet kids. I had a good laugh about the hand down the pants! So funny!