Well, Kaitlyn lost her first tooth the other day... she keeps looking at herself in the mirror thinking that the new one is just going to appear any second now. She thinks it looks funny with a tooth missing. Wait until she loses her two front teeth!
So, I guess I will post my new year's resolutions for this year then maybe I will be more accountable than if I just think about them and sometime around November I might think about them again. :) That's what usually happens. In church today we had a good lesson in Relief Society about centering our homes around Christ and I realized I probably don't do it as much as I should. We usually have FHE and say a family prayer at night, but I realize these things aren't enough. We have never had family scripture study and now I think is a good time to start (better late than never) with my kids. It will probably have to be at night before bed since Joel is gone earlier than we all get up in the morning. It might not be every day, but maybe we could start with 2-3 times a week realistically.
Another thing I want to do is eat healthier. I do ok at this right now, but treats and chocolate are pretty much impossible for me to resist. Joel and I made a pact today that starting tomorrow we would go off sugar completely for a month and see how that goes. If it makes us feel good and helps us lose weight maybe we'll go for longer. I think if I just keep it out of my house and don't even take that first bite, it will be easier. I also signed up to do a half marathon in June which scares the crap out of me, but I really want to do it.
The last thing I am going to work on is patience. I am patient in many circumstances, but not when it comes to my kids. For some reason, I lose my temper and come unglued with my kids a lot easier than in any other situation. Maybe it's just easier to take things out on them, I don't know. But I really need to slow down and enjoy them while they are little and not worry about being in such a hurry all the time. They do try my patience A LOT but how do we learn to patient if we aren't given situations that try our patience??? Anyway, we'll see how these things go by the time February rolls around and hopefully there will be some improvement!!
3 comments:
I hope that patience thing work out for you!! Send the good vibes this way cause I have to agree I tend to take things out on my kiddos. Have a Happy New Year!
Shanna
good luck with the goals. it's funny because we try to read scriptures every day, but when we haven't for a while, millie always thinks we're having family home evening when we crack them out and then has fits when we don't do an activity and have a treat. so we are more motivated to do it consistently so we can avoid these fiascos :) -tye
Post a Comment