Saturday, January 8, 2011

Run-in with the shower

So the other morning Dylan went in to use my shower and next thing I know I hear a loud scream coming from my bathroom. I went in there and Dylan was on the floor holding his head and blood was gushing everywhere. Apparently he got in to turn on the water and turned around to get out while the water warmed up and hit his head against the side of the glass on the shower. I called Aunt Lisa (aka. Dr. Lisa) over to see if it needed stitches and she said it probably did. I decided to call our kind neighbor Scott Rees (who really is a doctor) just to see what he thought and he was coming home from an all-nighter at the hospital and dropped by and put that medical super glue on the wound to close it. Dylan was thrilled that he didn't have to get stitched and I was thrilled we didn't have to go sit in the emergency room for hours. :) Anyway, he wishes it were a better story like he was catching some air while skiing or something like that but unfortunately it was just a fluke accident with the shower. You never know what's going to happen! :)

2 comments:

Shanna said...

That looks like it hurt!! Atleast it not three hours in the emergency room!! Hope you can come up with a better story then the shower!!!

Grandma and Grandpa A said...

I'm glad he is alright now. Hope it doesn't leave a scar Dylan.