Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Day to Remember

I was reading my brother's blog today and decided to post what I remember about that day on 9/11/01. I was living in this old house (we called it the "pink house") because we were in the middle of building a new house (as usual) and I was still sleeping and my friend Kim called me and woke me up and told me to turn on the TV. I turned it on just in time to see the 2nd tower get hit by the 2nd airplane and watched the horrific events all morning until I went to work at RC Willey. I went to work that afternoon and the store decided to close early because of what had happened that day. I remember Dylan was only 2 years old and as I watched TV he kept asking me "Why are you crying mommy?" I couldn't really explain what was happening to a 2-year old but I think he knew something bad had happened. Anyway, on a day like today I think it is appropriate to list a few of the things I am grateful for:

  • I am especially grateful for my husband and children, they are absolutely my joy in life. I love to see my kids' sweet little faces when they wake up each morning and I love to hear their laughter. I couldn't have asked for sweeter, more loving children. My husband is the hardest working man I know and even though I wish he would be home a little more, I know he is doing it for us. I love him very much and I know he loves us too.

  • I am grateful for all my family, my parents, siblings, in-laws, etc. I don't know what I would do without my parents... they still take care of me. My siblings are the most wonderful people I know; it makes me think that I must be the black sheep of the family when I think of their great examples and how good they are. My in-law family members are also wonderful to me, I couldn't have married into a better family.

  • I'm grateful that I get to live in this great country and have the freedoms that I have.

  • I'm grateful for a warm home and food and clothing.

  • I'm grateful for the 4 seasons, just when you start getting sick of one season, another one is upon us. :)
  • I'm grateful for the good friends I have, many of which I have because of working at RC Willey (something good DID come out of me working there).

  • I am grateful for my membership in Jesus Christ's church and His love for me. I am not very good at expressing my feelings about the gospel, but I am very thankful that we have Jesus' restored church on the earth and a living prophet that leads us.

Anyway, I may have forgotten a few things, but I just felt like today is a day to remember those things that are important in life.

5 comments:

Grandma A said...

We love you Jill, and there are no
black sheep in our family. Love,
Mom & Dad

debbie said...

I love that, Jill. You've inspired me...

Sheri Willardson said...

I felt so inspired to post about Sept 11th today too. It was a historic day-and you're right, we have so much to be thankful for!

Blaine said...

I can't believe it took you this long to figure out who the black sheep is!:)

Very nice words, Jill.

Shanna said...

If your the black sheep I wonder what the Forsyths are! :)