Friday, September 5, 2008

Don't Judge Me

Do you ever have those days where you just feel like a bad person because of the little things you do or don't do? I have a few vices about myself I am going to list and get off my chest, here goes:

I let Kaitlyn watch Dora for hours in the morning so I can get things done around the house.

I swear under my breath at other drivers when I am in the car (because I am a PERFECT driver).

I don't like to go to ward functions because I feel inferior to all the other beautiful and talented women in our ward.

I watch two soaps every day that I am addicted to. Thanks to DVR though I can watch them in half the time so it's really not THAT bad, right? And, I watch them after the kids have all gone to bed.

I hate cooking. My grandma was an amazing cook and my mom is an amazing cook, but somehow I did not get that gene. I would rather go the easiest and quickest route possible for making dinner.

I wonder at what point I became the Wicked Witch of the West when I am yelling at my kids. It falls on deaf ears anyway. I do pray for patience every day, and believe me I get lots of opportunities to try and GAIN more patience.

I never register to vote because I don't want to get called for jury duty. I know, it's bad. Don't e-mail me and tell how important it is to vote. I get it.

I'm glad school has started because it is so much easier with two kids than four. Is that wrong?

I never exercise and I keep thinking that one of these days I will because I need to and I haven't lost the baby weight from Christian quite yet. I have a hard time getting motivated because I don't really enjoy exercising. Maybe I just haven't found the right thing for me.

Okay, I feel a little better now. Hopefully you all don't think less of me now, and I could have listed a few more things, but that would have been too much information. :)

10 comments:

angie said...

How come marrying Joel didn't top the list of things to judge you for? Seriously you can do all these other things wrong and still go to heaven for putting up with him!

Kimberlie said...

When I was getting ready to go on my mission, my cousin told me to NEVER pray for patience or humility because you will have trials to make you patient and trials to make you humble. I didn't want to take a chance so I don't pray for it. Also - jury duty is done thru the drivers license division. :)

debbie said...

OK, you added another one since I read it yesterday but didn't have time to comment. What other confessions do you need to make before I decide if we can still be friends?? :) I wish we lived closer... So what's going on with Jack and Jen these days? Remember how everyone used to congregate in the lobby to "wait for the mailman" (aka watch "Days")? And I hear ya on jury duty. Not my favorite thing.

Jill said...

Okay I haven't watched "Days" for years because it's dumb, but I remember that during our Freshman year... that was funny. I watch different ones. :)

Shanna said...

You ROCK!!! I am so impressed that you would do this...

Nelle B said...

I've heard of mothers having tears in their eyes as their children go back to school after the summer is over. You never know, they could be tears of joy!!! :) That's how I felt sometimes.

Stella said...

I am so impressed. We all need to do that more often. We are way too hard on ourselves. You need to follow the link on my blog to "Mama Manifesto". She has an awesome post similar to yours. Their website helps me so much when I am feeling like the worst mom ever. No judgments coming from me. I related to just about everyone of them at one time or another. I could add alot more as well. LIke spending too much time on the computer looking for ways to cope!

Sheri Willardson said...

Jill, you are so awesome! Sometimes (even with blogging, and I am guilty of this too) I feel like people try so hard to out-do each other and prove that they are the BEST and MOST PERFECT, and this post was so nice for a change to have someone admit that they are HUMAN and have weaknesses. And it was SUPER funny! I can totally relate. I actually think better of you now! :)

Blaine said...

Wow - I'm shocked! I was under the impression that everyone who has a blog is perfect in every way! Many blogs sure paint a rosy picture - like one of those Christmas brag letters.

Your entry title reminded me of an episode of "My name is Earl". Earl's mother-in-law is this supposedly this saintly woman and he keeps finding out all this stuff about her (like she smokes, and is a compulsive gambler, etc.) and every time he finds one of these things out she tells him "Don't you judge me!" - Well the show is an acquired taste, I guess...

Jill said...

I think I remember that episode! Was Sally Struthers the mother in law? or maybe I'm thinking of something else. Anyway, that was a funny one. :)