Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dance Performance

Kinlee got to be in her first big dance concert this past weekend and she did an awesome job! She was nervous and actually got pretty sick before the first performance. I'm not sure if it was nerves or if she was really getting sick... she had a headache and fell asleep for two hours before the concert and when I woke her up to get ready she cried and felt too sick to go. We got some Tylenol in her and she started to perk up a bit... by the time we got her there she was feeling okay. She did a great job and had to be in 5 performances over the weekend. Her group danced to the song "That's What I Like About You". It was very cute and she seemed to have a great time dancing with her friends. Flash photography wasn't allowed in the concert hall so I had to take these pics before the show at home... (notice all the missing teeth:)

Kaitlyn thinks she needs to be in dance now like Kinlee... we're going to wait on that one for a little while. I know she would get up there and decide she was just going to stand there and do nothing until it was over. She is very stubborn like that. :)

Great job Kinlee! You were awesome!


6 comments:

Grandma A said...

Hey Kinlee, Grandpa and I thought
you did just terrific on your dance, Thanks for having us come.
Love, Grandma A.

~Sherry (Bear) and Stephen (Wolf) said...

I bet that was fun to go to! I am glad she got to dance, and that she was feeling better. Cute pictures!

Nelle B said...

I hope you got some video!

You look cute Kinlee, and I'm sure you did a great job.

Emily said...

It's so fun to watch your kids perform. I love it! I'm glad she got feeling better so she could dance. Once Syd had to go dance when she was so sick she could hardly stand up! It was a competition and she was doing a duet and didn't want to let down her partner. Poor kid. But, she survived.

By the way...loved the last post that Joel wrote. How sweet is that!

Melissa said...

Kinlee is such a beautiful girl. I only remember her, so little, playing in the dirt next door. She is huge! Your family is darling. And what about Joel in your last post? Who knew he could be so...sweet?

Sheri Willardson said...

What a cutie!! She looks WAY too old already. I just posted my girls dance story on my blog too. We sure do think alike, Jill. :)