So our pool opened this weekend and we spent most of the day Monday swimming over there. I slathered the sunscreen on the kids and we went over to swim for a while. Well, we came home to eat lunch for a little while and then went back. Apparently I should have re-applied the sunscreen because everyone got a little burned. Poor Kaitlyn got the worst on her face. I must have missed getting sunscreen right around her eyes because she looks like she is crying red tears. :) Obviously I need to make sure the sunscreen gets on every little surface. Here is a pic of her in the bathtub last night. She looks so sad... The picture doesn't even do it justice. It is really red under there and this morning it hasn't gotten any better. I don't think she realizes it though. Her buns also got a little burned where her swimsuit crawls up into her bum ... I missed getting sunscreen there too, hee hee. :) Such a fun day though... obviously we aren't used to the sun yet!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Memorial Day sunburn
Posted by Jill at 9:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hunter is home because he has the croup. I think he got a little too much sun too. Braiden is so sunburned that I didn't make him go to school because he couldn't sleep last night. I didn't think it was that hot because it was so cloudy. It even rained.
I know... I didn't even realize how much sun we actually got yesterday! I'm sorry for Braiden and Hunter, that is no fun. :(
Oh, that looks like it really hurts. She is still smiling though.
She looks like she doesn't feel too bad, though.
Have you seen the spray on suncreen? We tried it and it works great. Gets in all the nooks and crannies.
What are crannies anyway? :)
I do use the spray on kind, I just don't spray it on their faces because I don't want it to sting their little eyes... I love it though, so much easier! :)
Poor Kait!She still looks adorable though. Hey :0) anytime you need someone to come visit/hangout with you at the pool let me know. My girls and I would love it. They have been wanting to go swimming all week. The Legacy center is just to darn expensive to go all the time. Sigh - I need to go on a pool hunt to check out all the prices around here. Do you remember how much it is to go to Veterns?
Don't you just love summer sun? We weren't on vacation THAT long...I wish! I just wasn't good about posting on the blog for a while. Sometimes all the pictures get overwhelming!
Post a Comment