So this weekend Joel and I flew out to San Francisco for a quick trip. Joel has a client that is building a house in Atherton which is about 15 minutes south of San Francisco and wanted Joel to come and measure the house for finish trim materials and doors. Since Joel was going, he decided to bring me along and make it a little vacation for the two of us. We flew out early Saturday morning and came home on Sunday afternoon. When we got there, we went out to the house in Atherton and measured it out which only took about an hour, then we checked in to our hotel, went to dinner and a movie. The next morning we went out the Golden Gate Bridge and took a few pictures since neither of us had ever been there before. It was colder than I thought it would be out there, only about 60 degrees, and even colder on the bridge. As you can see, the bridge was very foggy. They call this statue "The Lone Sailor" because of San Francisco's maritime and military past.
We thought this sign was kind-of funny yet sad at the same time. There is a little phone right there you can use to talk to a counselor if you're thinking about jumping off the bridge.
Anyway, it was very windy as you can see but it was a fun weekend. It's very rare for Joel and I to get to go anywhere without our kids! Thanks to all our relatives that we farmed the kids out to this weekend. We appreciate your help!
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Weekend in San Francisco
Posted by Jill at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That's so great that you and Joel were able to get away for a couple days by yourself. I'm glad to hear that you had a great time! Good for you!
Hey Jill I am so glad you had fun. I love San Fran. I was actually there this weekend too.
Did you get to go to the Ghiradelli Square? Great chocolate!
You know Jill I am suprised that you didn't have to use that phone after you spent sometime with Joel!
Sorry about the deleted comment. Anyway, just wanted to say that it looks like you had a great time. We have made that trip ourselves-San Fran is only a few hours away from Reno. It is a pretty crazy city! But it is always nice to have a weekend alone without kids. :)
Wow! I am so glad you got a weekend to yourselves. Well deserved! I have only been to San Fran once, but It looks like there is so much to have fun doing. Devin and I are hoping for a trip to the Oregon coast (ALONE) soon.
It has been a long time since I've been to San Francisco but most of what I remember is WIND! It's a neat place. I'm glad that you were able to get away.
Yeah! Nothing beats a trip with no kids. It has been too long since we have done the same. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment