So it's been really cold lately and I've been in the mood for some really yummy hot soup. Canned doesn't quite do it for me so I tried a recipe last night from a girl in my ward for Chicken Tortilla soup. It was sooooo yummy that I have to post the recipe for you all if you want to try it. My kids even liked it! Joel liked it somewhat, but you can't have barbecued steak every night can you? He really doesn't like to try new things, but I do so he deals with it. :) Anyway, if you are looking for a yummy soup for the cold October nights, this one is perfect, and it's easy!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
3 T olive oil
1 jalapeno, fresh minced
1 medium red onion diced
3 cups diced roma tomatoes (take out seeds)
1 T cumin seed (ground)
2 qt chicken stock
3 T fresh cilantro (chopped)
3 cups corn kernels
3 cups grilled chicken breast diced
In a large soup pot, heat the oil over med. Add jalapeno, onion, tomato, and corn. Cook, stirring until all the veggies are soft, about 15 min. Add the cumin and cook another 5 min. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and simmer 10 min. Add the grilled chicken breast and fresh cilantro, heat through and serve. Garnish with avocado, lime, fried tortilla strips, salt, pepper, or tobasco.
It''s good with sour cream and cheese too. :) Of course I think of a way to fatten it up.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Yummy soup
Posted by Jill at 11:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am going to try this recipe. I got one for the same kind of soup yesterday but yours look a little easier to do. I like soup.
YUM! I am going to have to try this one.
Pancake art: make pancake batter, get creative!
I have done the kids initials, happy faces,etc.
The halloween ones you saw were just food colored with purple, green, and orange. You draw the outline first and the face, let it cook for a bit, then add the orange fill in. Aileena had so much fun with this!
Yummm! That sounds so good. I love tortilla soup, and this looks like an easier recipe than mine, so I will have to give it a go.
This is exactly what I have been in the mood for. When it snowed last week I was in a soup mood, and this is the kind I wanted. I was at the store and it was dinner time and I picked up frozen pizza for the kids and some chicken tortilla soup from the deli for me. (John was out of town.) Anyway, I ended up disappointed. I can't wait to give this one a try. Thanks!
Post a Comment