So here are Dylan and Kinlee this morning before school, all ready for the Halloween parade and looking good. Dylan was a Zombie Pirate (he didn't want to be JUST a pirate) and Kinlee a witch...
Then here is Dylan when it was time to go trick-or-treating ...

He got to school and called me at about 9:45 am and asked me to come and get him because he was feeling sick. He spent the day sleeping and throwing up, so he didn't feel well enough to go trick-or-treating. Kinlee was nice enough to take his trick-or-treat bag and gather treats for her sick brother at each house along with her own treats. What a nice sister. Kaitlyn and Christian also have the stomach flu. Kaitlyn was throwing up all night and Christian has severe diarrhea. Christian wore this lion outfit for about 2 minutes just for pictures and then he was done, it was too hot and confining. Kaitlyn slept for about 4 hours today and then woke up and was ready to go trick-or-treating. She even had her appetite back. What a day to get sick. Poor Dylan was pretty upset that he didn't get to go, so I told him about the time I had chicken pox one Halloween when I was little and didn't get to go. I don't think it made him feel any better. :)

Kinlee couldn't stand wearing the fake witch nose all day, so at night we just painted her nose green with the rest of her face and painted a black dot on it for a wart. I'm surprised she even let me paint her face, usually she hates anything on her face. Kaitlyn just wanted the candy, she kept taking her witch hat off so I carried it most of the time. By the way, I wanted her to be the cowgirl, but she wanted to be a witch like Kinlee. She pretty much copies everything Kinlee does these days. At least it wasn't a princess again!


Anyway, we had yummy soups over at Joel's sister's house and then all the cousins went trick-or-treating together. And thanks to Kinlee, Dylan can still enjoy the treats even though he didn't get to go. Blaine, I don't remember you doing that for me when I had chicken pox that year! I bet mom made you share half your treats with me though. :) Happy Halloween!
6 comments:
I hope everyone is feeling better today. The costumes all look Great.
Bad day to get sick!! Hope they feel better soon.
It feels like you've had a lot of sickness in your house lately. So sad that Dylan missed out on the trick-or-treating. They all look cute in their costumes!
Your kids are so stinkin' cute. I love your costumes! Especially the little lion. Hope your family is feeling better.
So sad that your kids were sick on Halloween! Poor Dylan. The costumes are awesome!
Your kids look so cute! I love the Lion. It looks so cozy for a cold Halloween night, not so cozy if you're sick. How sad that Dylan couldn't go trick-or-treating. At least he gets the treats courtesy of Kinlee. That was really nice. And how fun that the kids get to wear costumes to school.
I know what you mean about not wanting to spend a lot of money on costumes. I love the costumes that "keep on giving." Cade is wearing the same hat and tools that I bought for Ryan's costume 6 years ago. One of those great Dollar Store finds!
Post a Comment